The staff and Management at The Fiddle and Bow Collection are committed to improving our environment. As a new business we have tried to implement sustainable practices from the start. While we still have a ways to go, we are confident we can minimise our carbon Foot print.
We collaborate with all stakeholders to collectively develop the Geopark as a sustainable tourism destination.
A cared-for landscape
We actively participate in conserving our natural and cultural heritage. we have adopted the Leave No Trace principles throughout the hotel while also informing our guests of the same.
A well-understood heritage
We offer quality information and interpretation to communicate our stories and the unique character of our place to guests. We actively encourage our guests to enjoy as much of the local heritage as possible by giving them up to date information.
We work to ensure that tourism makes a positive social contribution so that it benefits our community as well as our guests. We endeavour to promote local supplier and hire staff locally. 40% of our produce used in Russells and The Meadow are sourced locally.
We contribute to the local economy by maintaining and supporting local employment, by sourcing services and produce locally wherever possible, and by engaging with other businesses in promoting our region as a sustainable tourism destination We promote Doolin and the Burren Area as a whole. It is important to us that the whole area thrives
Sustainable tourism management
We work to an Environmental Action Plan, which includes actions and targets for improvement that are reviewed annually. We are actively trying to better our systems for monitoring and adequately managing our waste, water, wastewater, energy, travel impact and purchases. We have two large food outlets, and we encourage guests to recycle wrapping and cups. All our packaging is plastic free.
Our Aims and Future Goals
We use recyclable packaging, paperless, energy efficient equipment. But we still have a long way to go. We are keen to really work on our waste and water management for 2022.
- As the latest addition to Doolin we are keen to play our part in the continuous development of Ecotourism and sustainability in the region.
- We aim to promote inclusion and partnership by increasing our locally sourced products with the eventual aim of having all our products 60% locally sourced.
- We aim to reduce or minimise our waste and energy consumption across all areas.
- Adopt a “reduce, reuse repair” mantra to our business encouraging both staff and guests to take this approach.
- Reduce the carbon footprint. As new business we are still only in the tracking phase of our waste. But we are hoping to reduce our carbon output by 10% in 2022
- To provide our staff and management with the training and knowledge to implement our objectives.
- To assist our community in events and programs, including the tidy towns initiative and leave no trace